Archmonsters are buffed variants of existing monsters. They are distinguishable by their unique names, normally in the form X the Y.
- Level and appearance: Identical to the normal monsters
- HP: x2
- AP: +1
- MP: +1
- Elemental resistances: +10%
- AP/MP resistances: +10%
- Characteristics: Increased (thus damage done and initiative are also increased)
- XP: Increased
- Drop rate: x2
- In some cases additional spells
- In some cases additional drops
- Limited spawn areas (for instance they can't spawn in dungeons)
While no official distinction exists, archmonsters can be viewed as being part of one of two groups: the original ones first released and required for the quest An Eternal Harvest or those found on the seasonal area the Archipelago of Vulkania.