Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, administrators (technically named Sysops) can access a few additional functions.
- Deleting and undeleting pages and page histories. Administrators can also delete uploaded files, but cannot undelete them.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it can not be edited or renamed by users without admin rights.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
A bureaucrat can make other users into bureaucrats or administrators on their own wiki. They are not currently able to remove admin access from any user. Please contact one of the community staff if you need this done.
What can administrators not do? Edit
Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version he or she prefers in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism. Administrator powers should be use to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Idealy an admin shouldn't be considered "in charge". The ideal admin is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the Wikia community.
How do I use administrator powers? Edit
See the administrators' how-to guide for a guide on using admin functions.
Becoming an administratorEdit
Promotion candidates should match the following guidelines:
- Registration & History. Having a user account of at least 2 months minimum. So we know how you work with others.
- Activity Inactive mod serves no purpose.
- Initiative in performing maintenance tasks as a user, to demonstrate interest in moderator work.
- Interest in being a moderator, for obvious reasons.
- Support from at least three user accounts in good standing.
|Note that this process is not an election. User input is encouraged and listened to, but the final decision rests with the existing moderation team.|
Requests and nominations for adminship Edit
- If you nominate someone else for adminship, please let them know that they should leave a message here stating whether or not they accept the nomination. Users will be made admins after one week if there are no objections.
Who are this wiki's administrators?Edit
The "founder" of a wiki, the person who first requested it, is given administrator access automatically. Founders are also given bureaucrat access so they can make any other user on their wiki an administrator or bureaucrat. For a complete list of users with administrator access, see Special:Listadmins.
Administrators are sorted by the date on which they became administrators. All staff also have admin access.
- History Cizagna (bureaucrat)
- History TaviRider (bureaucrat-inactive)
- History MrMunchie